UiODoc is a member and maintains a close relationship with SiN (the Association of Doctoral Organisations in Norway). Through SiN, we also collaborate with EURODOC (the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers).
SiN is a the Association of Doctoral Organisations in Norway. As a network, it aims to foster cooperation between its member organisations and expresses joint opinions on political issues concerning Higher Education, Research, and other issues relevant to the member organisations.
The SiN Executive Board advocates on behalf of its members to gain resources for their benefit, allocates resources among them and arbitrates between them and any other involved parties. In general, SiN oversees the activities of members and is the governing body of the doctoral organisation in Norway.
The objectives of SiN are:
- To secure a quality PhD education in Norway by focusing on the quality and accomplishment of its projects
- To ensure its members have adequate funding
- To foster good working conditions that promote the recruitment of good researchers
SiN is a free and politically independent organisation. Its board is comprised of between three and seven volunteers, elected annually, and carries out SiN's daily activity in close contact with its member organisations.
SiN is a member of EURODOC.
EURODOC is the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers. It is an international federation of 35 national organizations of PhD candidates, and more generally of young researchers from 35 countries from the European Union and the Council of Europe. EURODOC’s objectives are:
- To represent doctoral candidates and junior researchers at the European level in matters of education, research, and professional development of their careers
- To advance the quality of doctoral programs and the standards of research activity in Europe.
- To promote the circulation of information on issues regarding young researchers; organise events, take part in debates and assist in the elaboration of policies about Higher Education and Research in Europe.
- To establish and promote cooperation between national associations representing doctoral candidates and junior researchers within Europe.