Newsletter February 2015
The PhD Council of 2015 would like to thank our predecessors for their efforts and accomplishments in 2014. Without their collective work, supported by their predecessors and the input and participation of the Faculty of Law’s PhD fellows, it would have been very hard for us to take on these new roles. We are privileged to maintain what has already been built up and honored with the task of promoting continued improvements for the PhD fellows at the Faculty.
The PhD council for 2014 is composed as following:
- Daniel Arnesson, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law, leader and representative in the Faculty Board
- Olaf Halvorsen Rønning, Department of Criminology and Sociology of Law, secretary and representative in the Program Council for Researched Education
- Johann Ruben Leiss, Department of Private Law, social activities and finances
- Sofie Høgestøl, Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, representative in the University Board
- Anders Narvestad, Department of Public and International Law, webmaster and representative in the Equality and Diversity Committee and in the Appointment Council for Academic Positions
We hope to arrange a social event, possibly combined with professional input, in May. If you have ideas for either a social or professional component, or maybe even both, you are welcome to contact us.
About the PhD Council
The Council for PhD fellows is the meeting point for the PhD fellows at the Faculty of Law. We represent the interests of the PhD fellows in the various bodies of the Faculty. In order to perform this task in the best possible way we ask that you contact us with issues you want us to bring up. We send you information about meetings and issues that concern the PhD fellows. The previous meeting was held on the 3rd of February, 2015, and you can find information about the decisions taken on the meeting here. Please feel free to give us input in order to improve the PhD working environment at the Faculty of Law.