Norwegian version of this page

Immigration law

There are comprehensive rules for foreigners' rights and duties in Norway. Jussbuss can assist in a number of immigration law cases. Mainly, we help with:

  • Family immigration
  • Visas
  • Permit to work in Norway
  • Permit to study in Norway
  • Expulsion
  • Citizenship
  • Permanent residence permit
  • Travel documents for foreigners

Mostly, Jussbuss assist in cases that have been rejected by the immigration authorities, but we can also help with general guidance.

We also work politically with the aim of changing the immigration regulations, to better the circumstances for our clients.

Below you will find information about what to do if you have any general questions about immigration law. At the bottom of the page you can find our brochures with information on Norwegian immigration law.Do you need help with immigration related questions? You will find more information about how to contact us here. 

Do you have any general questions about immigration law?

According to the Public Administration Act, the immigration authorities have a duty of guidance. If you have general questions about immigration law, please contact The Directorate of Immigration (UDI). You do not have to link the questions to a specific case and may refuse to state your name if you wish.

UDI can be reached at 23 35 16 00, every weekday between 9a.m. and 3 p.m. Opening hours may be shorter during summer time. You can also find more information at

You can also contact Jussbuss or check our brochures below.


Family immigration


Study and work permits


Expulsion EEA-Citizen


How to respond to a notice of expulsion


How to respond to a notice of expulsion - EEA-citizen
Time limit suspensory appeal