Know your rights - Working in Norway
Photo by: Andreas Christensen
The Norwegian Association of Researchers (Forskerforbundet) at UiO invites you to join the one-day course "Know your rights" designed to help foreign PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows in Norway. Free lunch will be served.
09:15 - 12:00: The course is given by adviser Jon W. Iddeng at Forskerforbundet.
Some themes for the course presentation:
- Employment, leave and extension - rights and opportunities: Working conditions and sufficient resources? Including:
- The Nordic Model/ The Nordic way: Labour marked agreements
- Union membership and what NAR can do for you
- Acts and Regulations applying to the employment of PhD Candidates and Post docs, including leave(s) and extention(s), compulsory duties (pliktarbeid)
- Competitive salaries? Salary negotiations and bargaining.
- Research fellow - and then what? From unemployment benefits to a brilliant academic career.
12.00 Free lunch
Cecilie W. Lilleheil (local union representative) will be present