Annual General Meeting 2015 and BBQ
All UiO PhD candidates, Postdocs, and other interested people are cordially invited to UiODoc’s 2015 Annual General Meeting (AGM). After the meeting we will hold a social event with a free BBQ.
UiODoc has achieved a great deal in the last year! Here are a few aspects we are proud of (more details can be found in the Annual Report).
- UiODoc is now invited to the regular meetings of the UiO Management. We have raised important issues for temporary employees at UiO, such as the organization and quality of PhD training, the rather unclear working situation of the post-doctoral researchers, the need for career development support for PhD students and postdocs, etc.
- UiODoc's president takes part on the committees concerned with UiO’s strategic plans and the implementation of the SAB report.
- In collaboration with the career center (Karrieresenteret), UiODoc has been organizing courses each semester for faculty members that represent temporary employees.
- UiODoc has organized a number of very successful career development events, with a focus on job applications, communication skills, tasks and stress management.
Because UiODoc exists to represent you, your opinion, and your needs, we welcome your participation and input on all matters to be discussed at the meeting. First and foremost, we are looking for new members to join our board. There will be an election for all the positions in the board. Most of the existing board members intend to run for another year, but everyone is welcome to nominate themselves for election. Board members receive a limited amount of financial compensation for their work and time.
The position for Events Coordinator will be vacant and we are inviting anyone who is interested to be part of a dynamic and enterprising board to join us. Your main responsibility is to prepare/organize events, but you won’t be doing this alone! Tasks for very event are delegated amongst a group -your job will be to manage this team. In addition, you will actively contribute to discussions concerning the organization and activities of UiODoc.
We will also discuss the UiODoc's statutes and vote on possible modifications. As we try to keep these up-to-date, your input and participation are always valuable.
Send us an email (email@example.com) with points for the agenda by the 19th of May.
Please sign up for the AGM and social event by the 20th of May:
- Agreeing on AGM agenda
- Registration of participants
- Election of AGM chair
- Election of AGM secretary
- Approval of the call
- Approval of the AGM agenda
- The Annual report 2014 (Appendix 1)
- Activity plans 2015-2016
- Budget 2015 (Appendix 1, p. 21)
- Course for the representatives of the temporary academic staff at UiO (Faculty boards and committees) in autumn 2015
- Events/courses for PhDs and Postdocs
- Participation in UiO strategic activities (Strategy 2020, SAB, etc)
- Establish the activities and structures (PR workshop etc)
- Other suggestions
- Elections of leader and leadership committee
- SiN liaison officer
- Representatives officer
- Public relations officer
- Events officer
Social Event and BBQ
Finally, after the AGM (roughly 17:00), we will organize a free BBQ (weather permitting) for the AGM-goers and others who want to join us. We will meet in front of Lucy Smith hus at 17:15 and walk to an appropriate location on campus based on attendance. UiODoc will provide grills, hot dogs, condiments, salad, and soft drinks. You are welcome to bring something else to grill or drink if you prefer. In case of bad weather, we will order pizza. We hope you will join us for a relaxed, hopefully sunny, afternoon grill/pizza event!