Know your rights - Working in Norway
The Norwegian Association of Researchers (Forskerforbundet) at UiO invites you to join the one-day course "Know your rights" designed to help foreign PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows in Norway. Free lunch will be served.
Photo by: Andreas Christensen
The course is given by adviser Anja Nylund Hagen at Forskerforbundet. Cecilie W. Lilleheil (local union representative) will be present.
Please sign up by filling out this web form by Tuesday October 24th.
09:15 - 12:00: Some themes for the course presentation:
- Employment, leave and extension - rights and opportunities: Working conditions and sufficient resources? Including:
- The Nordic Model/ The Nordic way: Labour marked agreements
- Union membership and what NAR can do for you
- Acts and Regulations applying to the employment of PhD Candidates and Post docs, including leave(s) and extention(s), compulsory duties (pliktarbeid)
- Competitive salaries? Salary negotiations and bargaining.
- Research fellow - and then what? From unemployment benefits to a brilliant academic career.
12.00 Free lunch